Matthew N. Thibaut
Matthew N. Thibaut
Matthew Thibaut practices in the firm’s Securities Litigation and Employment Law practice groups. His securities practice experience includes common law and statutory claims in connection with investments in equities, bonds, mutual funds, hedge funds, managed money, alternative investments, and structured products.
- Securities Litigation
- Employment Law
- Part of legal team that included the defense of the largest claim brought by an individual investor in FINRA history of approximately $200 million against a major broker-dealer client.
- Successfully represented a major broker-dealer client and one of its top producers (out of 12,000 at the time) in defense of an employment action brought by a former employee. At the time it was the largest employment matter that the client had faced.
- Served as firm’s point person to coordinate with four other national law firms to defend a major broker-dealer client against claims brought by hundreds of individual investors across the country following the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008.
Awards and Recognition
- 2016 Florida’s Legal Elite, Published by Florida Trend
- 2016 Super Lawyers for Securities Litigation
- 2015 Employment Law Pro Bono Award, bestowed by the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- 2015 Florida’s Legal Elite, Labor & Employment, published by Florida Trend
- Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent™ 4.9 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Business Law Section
- Elder Law Section, Co-Chair of Financial Products Committee
- Leadership Academy for Diversity & Inclusion, Academy Fellow
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Committee
- Employment Law Committee
- Elder Law Committee
- Securities Law Committee, Past and Current Chair
- The Forum Club of The Palm Beaches, Member
- The Economic Forum Club of the Palm Beach, Member
- Estate Planning Councils of Palm Beach, Martin and Indian River Counties, Member
- “Securities Arbitration & Mediation: A 2016 Update LIVE Webcast,” Wednesday, May 18, 2016, Noon to 2:00 PM EST, Sponsored by the Knowledge Group. Click on the link for details.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2007
- Florida, 2001
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 2001
- B.A., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1995